get some rest, we're driving.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Things to do in Denver when you're dead.













by Heartless James McNeil
Denver cost me big time Sunday. The hard luck Broncos could not deliver against their arch-enemies, the San Diego Chargers. A second quarter appearance by Kyle Orton was a moot point for the Denver offense that was, at times, nonexistent.

Don’t get me wrong, I fault myself for the pick. San Diego was the safe choice, but I felt poolers would select similar teams (which they did), so I tried to get the edge with a slight upset. Shoulda went with Kansas City for that one. There was a buzz on the internet that the Chiefs were favored to win over the Steelers in fan polls, but I never got around to researching the data that game. I’ll be sure to check those numbers later when I get some free time.

The Chargers did what they came to do. They dominated, and now they run it in their division. I admit I was wrong about LaDainian and San Diego’s offensive line. They showed me. Sometimes you can crunch numbers so hard that things get a little blurry. (Like reality)

On today’s game, the Giants come visit Denver for some Thanksgiving Dinner and whatnots. Let’s not make this a drama about Kyle Orton. The Broncos are a WHOLE team of dysfunctional footballers, who don’t seem to have a clue about escaping their mounting losing streak. And if the Broncos go chumping the G-men off as CBL caliber cannon fodder who got lucky with a coin toss, it’s gonna be another long evening at Mile High Stadium.

Eli Manning had a career day last week against the Atlanta Falcons. He went for almost 400 yards with three touchdowns. Wow. The rushing game sure didn’t get it done with their mildew 88 yards. The running backs Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw got busted up for their efforts, though. Jacobs will probably start. Bradshaw won’t.

I applaud Orton for coming out and throwing Sunday, but I don't want to hear those excuseses  this week. In fact, I won't hear it.  I’m with New York.

No comments: