by Heartless James McNeil
WASHINGTON REDSKINS AT DALLAS COWBOYS
Sunday, November 22, 1:00p
Cowboy Stadium
I finally got around to looking at this matchup, and came to a conclusion; the Redskins could win this game. That being said, they shouldn't. The Cowboys are at home, in a dome, and you'd expect them to score a lot. But not against Washington, I feel..
The Redskins have the No. 1 pass defense in the league (fifth D overall, while we're talking). So, I don't see Romo taking it to the air all evening. Not with DeAngelo Hall out there lurking with 4 INTs in his resume this year. So that leaves the Cowboys with the running game. Sounds good, since the Skins are 24th against the rush. Okay, so we go to Marion Barber.
Oops. I forgot to mention that Barber is questionable for Sunday with a thumb injury. But he only had 26 yards in five carries last week versus Green Bay. Roy Williams added 105 yards on 5 carries with a TD. All for a grand total of small potatoes offense for Dallas, adding to the fact that their offensive line allowed Romo to get sacked 5 times.
On the flipside of that injury coin, Albert Haynesworth is also questionable with a bum ankle.
From a pooler's perspective, you go into this game feeling that either pick you make, you're probably wrong. Well, that's how it is when you have a team like Dallas that just isn't performing. Take solace in this, Cowboy fans. The Washington Redskins have yet to win an away game this year. However, the skins won there last year with Zorn(he was calling plays in those days). And please remember, both sides, that this is a rivalry game.
But I'm going with Dallas. Romo will just have to sink me. Solid.

No comments:
Post a Comment